St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fishing (and swimming) Report 2-17-12

First, let me say the bite has been very good this winter-for sheepshead, trout and redfish.  I pre-fished a little Thursday, and the fish were still in their usual haunts.  I met Brad, Casey and Jason at the marina early Friday and we headed out.  First spot, the reds didn't eat.  On our second spot, we hit pay dirt with a mix of reds, trout, sheepshead and bluefish.  Concentrating on netting fish, with the tide rolling out, I noticed that we were parked directly over a small hump.  No problem, I'll jump out and push us off.  Wrong.  Most of you know I'm pretty accomodating, so I let the guys come for a swim with me.  It was a good thing, cause we'd probably still be there!  The bite slowed down for us after that, although we did manage a few more fish-including a real nice sheepshead out of the trees.  I had an absolute blast fishing with these guys, and they kept me laughing all day.  Thanks guys, no extra charge for the swimming lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment