St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pretty Good Bite Today 1-16-12

Headed out this a.m. to do some boat work, and of course the river beckoned.  Had a good low tide so I figured the deep structure plan was in order.  A couple of over slot reds showed up at the first dock, and could only manage a couple barely keeper trout and shorts throughout the whole creek.  What to do?  So I put away the D.O.A  and headed out towards the sound with the trusty lip diver.  Once I got there, it was a LOT of wind and a LOT of cast.  I finally figured out that after twitching the bait, a longer than usual pause was needed.  It was kind of hard to get a good hook set this way and I pulled the hooks on some GOOD trout.  Funny how treble hooks manage to get stuck in everything upon contact, but that darn trout can come unbuttoned so easily!  I plugged my way to a nice mess when all was said and done though. The water everywhere I went today was clean and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment