St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fishin' with Bob- St Simons Fishing Report 6-27-11

Had another great trip with my good friend Bob from Brunswick yesterday.  Bob fishes with me regularly, and has fished these areas his whole life.  Bob knows how good the fishing can be, though he really keeps me on my A game.  Sometimes I get a little nervous about catching a good fish on your first cast, but that's exactly what Bob did and yanked out a nice Red off the cork.  The rest of the day, we weeded through small Reds and trash fish, but did manage to pull out four more upper slot Reds.  We had a nice Flounder show up as well.  We even had a fire drill, as we both sent our jigs up to the shells and got a nice double.  We somehow managed to get them away the trolling motor and big motor while trying not to tangle the lines.  It was probably not a pleasant dance to watch, but we laughed pretty hard about it.  Gotta thank Bob for bringing me a nice sack of tomatos from the garden.  Nothing like a mater, mayo & S/P sandwich!  Thanks again Bob, see you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment