St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Friday, February 20, 2015

Product Review: Salt Life Optics

As a guide, tournament fisherman, and tackle junky in general, I have been given (blessed with) many products to "test drive" or field test. Most true outdoor folks know the importance of polarized, quality eyewear for not only safety, but vision. Sight fisherman are particularly picky about what they are peeking through. For those "sight fishing" their quarry, there is nothing more important than quality lenses for spotting different shades of fish, in an array of water and light conditions. Recently while fishing the clear but slightly tannic tributaries surrounding St Simons Island, I donned a pair of shades (copper/green glass) from Salt Life Optics. (http://www.saltlife.com/optics.html?saltlife_color=301) I was instantly impressed by the elimination of glare on this blue bird day. More importantly, the ability to see below the slightly stained watery surface  was amazing. With absolutely no distortion, small crabs and minnows "popped" in to view immediately, almost 3 feet beneath the boat! After pushing my way a little further in to the narrow creek, I spotted what I was looking for. Three nice redfish were silhouetted, although nearly camouflaged at the base of a fallen tree about a foot and a half below the surface. After a little research I found that the Zeiss glass used by Salt Life Optics was rated among the highest available. Salt Life Optics offers a wide variety of great looking frames and lenses for both men and women.  Finding lenses of this quality, at a more than competitive price point, backed by an outstanding warranty, has truly "shown me the light". With triple tail and cobia season right around the corner, I am looking forward to having these great lenses wrapped around my face!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for another informative site. The place else may just I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect method? I have a challenge that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.My blog: best inshore spinning reel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing clear information on this. you can also refer
    https://findsaltwaterspinningreel.com/#3D3

    ReplyDelete