St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Goliath Grouper in the Creeks!


Got a call over the weekend from my good buddy William, who fishes with us regularly. First, I gotta tell you this guy is hard core and fishes pretty much the entire eastern seaboard…and flat out puts them in the boat. When I told William and his good friend Tim (another fish slayer) that it looked like 20-25 knots for Monday am, and a big honkin’ tide pouring in, he hit me with those words I love to echo: “You won’t know, if you don’t go”. How could I back out? (But Will’s like me and will fish in a hurricane) Well, despite weeding through some serious wind and short fish, as usual these guys started picking them off and ended up with a nice mess of fish.  As soon as the water rose, it turned dirty and  the bite slowed as well.  One of the highlights of the day was a Goliath Grouper that was hiding on one of our redfish rock piles.  We snapped a few pics and William put her back so we can catch her when she gets up to 100 lbs.

As usual I had an awesome time fishing with William and Tim. These guys are the type that know the next fish is a cast away and stay fun and focused.

William, a million thanks, you guys figured out a nice pattern that worked great for Michelle and I today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment