St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Sunday, December 18, 2011

St Simons Island Fishing Report 12/16, 12/18/11

Been awfully busy with year- end stuff, but slipped out Friday morning (12/16) thanks to a spur of the moment invite from Jeff at Sawlt Gear.  Greeted with perfect weather, we trout fished several areas and only found a fairly good supply of short fish. Jeff put the only keepers in the boat with his trusty cork and DOA. I guess they weren’t used to eating real good without wind. 
Planned a little outing in the Hampton with Michelle, Sarah, and Daniel this morning, but with 41 degrees registering on the thermometer and a good breeze, my crew decided to stay snuggled under the covers. Can’t blame them, it was cold! I figured I had a small low tide window early, so I snuck back in the creeks looking for a school somewhere. I spooked a few before I found a spot they would eat good. First six fish were all just over 23” with a couple right at 26. Got a few slots and 2 more overs and the bite quit. With midday low tides coming up, the redfish bite should stay reliable. The trout are around as I’ve heard some pretty good reports out of Brunswick and Hickory Bluff.  Later this afternoon, Daniel got the bug so we went down the street to the sweet water for some pan fish. The gills were a little picky today, but little man didn’t quit till he hooked a couple.


2 comments:

  1. Recently, I have gune to catch fish in sea. It is one of the memorable tour in my life. Are you go to catch fish in sea? To get
    More information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is our goal to help you create the fishing memory of a lifetime. There is no better way to catch fish than to go out with an
    experience Captain or Guide who knows how to catch fish. To get more information.

    ReplyDelete