St Simons Island Fishing Report 3/7/15

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Red Hot Hampton River Bite 5-29-11

Michelle and I finally got a day on the water together by ourselves to do some chunkin' and winding.  We had to run and gun a good bit, but ended up with a great day when it was all said and done.  Michelle's second cast of the day was a nice slot Red, and she pretty much put on a clinic the rest of the day.  I would personally like to thank her for letting me catch a few between netting her fish and throwin them in the box for an upcoming fish fry.  We fished the outgoing for Reds and the incoming for Flounder.  All the Reds came on jigs sweetened with live shrimp.  The Flounder pretty much bit through the whole incoming tide, and of course we were chunkin the Gulp! swimming mullet.  All I can think is that Michelle's chartreuse jig head was more appealing than my camo jig head, as she pretty much outfished me two to one on the flatties.  Had a funky little Sea Robin and a 3 1/2 foot Bonnet Head crash the party as well.  Ended up with 16 Flounder, a few short Trout and 8 good Reds, and of course a tad of toothy by-catch. It was nice to see Capt. Dave up our way, getting on a good trout bite.  All in all, this will be a Memorial Day to remember, as I got to spend time with my baby on the water...even though she kicked my tail.




No comments:

Post a Comment